View Single Post
Old 04-29-2020, 02:23 PM   #56
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Why would he? The brain is known to be unreliable, and more credentials doesn't make that less true.

Look at the one video describing the object as going fast over the water, the military guys are convinced of this but a bit of trig with their own instruments shows it to not be true.

Trying to explain every single memory by every person is kind of a waste of time since they don't really count as evidence.

If they do then angels and demons and ghosts all exist too.
What would really help in this regard is for the DOD to release more info and data on these events. Give scientists more info to work with.

Quote:
As for the DOD, other than releasing the video, they haven't said much. Presumably they have access to more data from the flight, and from reports made immediately after the encounter. Releasing more info could begin to answer to scientists' questions. But ultimately, even that might not be enough.
Most scientists don't care about UFO videos because they don't indicate extraterrestrial life

Following is a transcript of the video.

Quote:
Caleb Scharf: "I think it's very, very difficult as a scientist to look at something like this and say anything except, you know, it's intriguing. But I would need a vast amount more documentation and context to really understand what's going on here."

Caleb Scharf is an astronomer and director of the multidisciplinary Columbia Astrobiology Center.

Caleb Scharf: "The difficulty with this kind of problem is that you can't plan for it."

Carolin Frueh: "Yeah, because I think that's exactly, one cannot tell much from the video."

That's Carolin Frueh, she's an assistant professor at Purdue School of Aeronautics and Astronautics.

Carolin Frueh: "Yeah, I would like to know what the wind was ... was there turbulence?

What they're talking about, is the scientific method. Basically, before scientists will accept something as fact, a lot of research and testing has to be done. And it all has to take place in a controlled environment.

Caleb Scharf: "You can't plan for it. You can't really set up a thorough, proper scientific experiment. It's all reliant on serendipitous data. And that's one of the most difficult kinds of problems to solve in science. So I'm not surprised that we don't have a good answer yet."

Caleb Scharf: "On the one hand, I could be really cynical about all of this but I think it's really wonderful that people are intrigued by phenomena that they see out in the world. That's a good thing. That's a positive thing, our curiosity is a positive thing. And to be honest, if there are strange things floating around up there, I'd like to know what they are. The difficulty with this kind of problem is that you can't plan for it."
https://www.businessinsider.com/ufo-...nt-care-2018-1

Last edited by Dion; 04-29-2020 at 02:25 PM.
Dion is offline   Reply With Quote