View Single Post
Old 11-09-2017, 09:48 AM   #1
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:
Default New List - TV shows that were cancelled too soon

Maybe it was your favorite show and you woke up the next season to see it was gone and you had no closure. Maybe it was that intriguing story line that you never got to the end of. Of maybe it was that show that you started watching then half way through the season it was gone. Rightly or Wrongly these are televisions dead, what were your favorite shows that were cancelled too soon

1) Firefly - A really unique show, and you knew I was going to open with something Whedon. A show that combined a Western with a space shop, how can that not get ratings, with a at the time unknown cast, it had strong writing and strong acting and our hero's were more anti-hero then anything else. It only lasted 15 episodes before it was cancelled and it often wasn't discovered by fans til after the cancellation. Fortunately we got a movie to tie up some loose ends.

2) Deadwood - A great show that stretched so many boundaries, had great characters and a terrific cast. A strong Precurser to the HBO Revolution, it was cancelled before it really got rolling, and the two promised movies to wrap up the story line never appeared.

3) Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles - I outright loved this show, it was extremely well acted and respectful of the Terminator storyline and had Summer Glau as a homicidal good terminator. Just as the show was getting good and the storyline moved to the miserable post judgement day future where there was no John Connor the plug was pulled.

4) Better off Ted - I loved this show because it was so brilliantly funny. Basically they worked for a completely evil faceless corporation. It never failed to have a bunch of laughs in every show. They also had these brilliant ads for the company aptly named Veridan Dynamics

5) Jericho - This show actually went beyond its cancellation when the infamous nuts campaign bought it a second season. However this show about a nuclear attack in the States was smart and well acted and showed how the States would fly apart in the face of a unimaginable tragedy.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: