Thread: Shaw Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2016, 02:09 PM   #115
Krovikan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDutch View Post
Yes good idea, but I wonder how fast it would be. Shaw upload is very weak, would that be a bottleneck?

Unblock is $5/month and dead simple, and you get a week free trial. So if you went away you could sign up the first time you need it and get a week at no cost then cancel.

Both good ideas tho.
I'm not sure how anyone can trust these public VPN services, they can easily set up a transparent proxy and gain access to your browsing. If you say visit the calgarypuck forums while connected to unblockus like service everything you do (like authentication) can risks exposure since their is no encryption.

You can get the same type of service by setting up your own PPTP VPN instead of paying for theirs. I use Digital Ocean as my VPS provider and you can follow a simple tutorial, https://www.digitalocean.com/communi...-vpn-with-pptp

Costs are the exact same with less risk of having your data intercepted, and if you don't want to use PPTP you can look at an L2TP/IPSec VPN; however this is more complicated of a setup process.
Krovikan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Krovikan For This Useful Post: