Old 05-07-2019, 10:09 AM   #4
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Looks like Lerby had a breakout season in the SHL:

http://www.hockeysverige.se/2019/01/...r-nhl-i-sikte/

Translation by google:

Quote:
It has become a recurring theme in SHL this season. The 21-year-old from Trelleborg has been one of the great and happy surprises in Malmö Redhawks. But Lerby's gameplay and nice matching games have grown into one of the team's leading slopes. He cuts more than 20 minutes of game time per match in the team's first back pair and has 16 points (3 + 13) in 35 games.
- I have gained better self-confidence, he says to hockeysverige.se.
- I got more playing time in the beginning of the season and got into the PP right early. Then it has just flown on from there. It feels like I have good flow and that it works well. Then it feels stable with "Jensa" as back pole.

"Jensa" is Jens Olsson , one of Malmö's elders with his 34 years that he formed back couples with virtually the whole season.
Quote:
You could be described as "a modern back", a player who might not have been viable over there a few years ago, but who is attractive today. Do you think it has increased your chances?
- Yes, so it may be. I am not huge and looking at it, there are several smaller players that dominate in the NHL. But I have a long way to go ...

Do you have any role models that you are inspired by that way?
- There are many there. I have looked a lot at Drew Doughty , Brent Burns and Erik Karlsson . You usually like to check out players who make many points.
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post: