View Single Post
Old 05-16-2017, 10:14 AM   #14
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Well, the trench will only be dig if I dig it! Still trying to work out all the servicing. I'll probably move the meter to the garage becuase the overhead lines to the house are where the garage will be. So 220A service to the garage master panel, then run a new 100A to the house as that is what that panel is already and I don't want to replace that or need more than 100A at the house. Not sure if I will do that underground or through the garage and a short trench tot he house, or over head. Need to talk to a sparky for that part of it.

And ya, gas for sure. It's a short jump from the meter to the garage. I'll also run some conduit form the house for ethernet and whatever future needs.
Yeah, I moved my meter to the garage, then ran the main power for the house through to the end of the garage. I only had to dig a trench 10' long to my house, so it wasn't that big of a deal as my house and garage are very close. I did have to upgrade my house panel since my panel was from 1969 and tapped out for power. Nice not having power lines run over my yard anymore.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote