View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 04:18 AM   #24
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOT View Post
I think you might be surprised. I could be completely wrong about this particular event but there seem to be a ton of generous people who take care of absolute strangers and don't care about making an extra few hundred bucks if it means a "CPer" can be in the crowd and not be raped with price. Even just look at that thread with that guy flying from Europe within the first 48hrs he had free tickets to at least one game in the lower bowl I think.

IMHO CP should stick to their rules and if you want to make a few bucks off some poor schmuck who just wants to see a hockey game we know we can visit you at Stubhub or eBay.
Fair enough, and my intention is 100% to go to this game. You could offer me $1000 over face and it would not be worth it to me as it will likely be a once in a decade type of thing, and I do not need the cash.

Also I have never once sold a set of tickets over face value on this site, and have given away at least a half dozen sets for nothing to CP members, and I intend to give away a couple sets I currently have now as a token of my thanks to this site. The odd premium game I have sold through other channels at a premium usually only offset the losses I have to absorb on the mid week games against the Coyotes and Blues. Heck, I just lost 60 bucks on a set of Red Wings tickets today. At the end of the year, it is almost always a losing venture.

The point I was trying to make was simply the fact that this is a unique scenario, and those without tickets will likely have to resort to paying obnoxious prices (double/triple face value) through Stubhub, Ebay, and Kijiji to secure a ticket.

It is a moot point as I can understand the sites stance on the issue. It was simply a suggestion, for what is a very unique scenario.
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote