View Single Post
Old 04-21-2019, 07:22 PM   #14
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
People have been complaining about officiating since time began. Or at least since competitive sports began. Every single sport has those who say the officiating is he worst among all the other sports. So someone is dead wrong.

Its no worse now than it ever has been. They see, or don't see, things at game speed. Everyone at home is watching in a confined window with multiple angles and slow motion.

Mistakes are going to happen every single night because those making the decisions are humans and humans make mistakes...full stop.

The NHL has the best hockey officials in the world for the most part and an established, and lengthy, training program before they get to the show. Yes there will be missed calls, always has been and always will be. Yes some guys have really bad nights, always have and always will. They are just people like you or me and people are not perfect. Players fall under that same umbrella.

I know this is not a popular observation but its just the truth of the matter.

Anyway,

Here is a website of who's who.

https://www.nhlofficials.com/nhl-officials/current
This is why I think there is a directed philosophy not to call too many penalties and to consider the state of the game when calling penalties. These refs are professionals who I believe in general are pretty good at their jobs. Therefore the consistent different standards depending on game state are intentional
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote