Thread: 2022 NHL Draft
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2021, 10:28 PM   #49
stemit14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1qqaaz View Post
I'm wondering if the CHL has suddenly dropped in scoring.

Shane Wright has only 19 points in 16 games. That would be one of the least productive seasons for a #1 pick that we've seen since at least 1990 (for CHL forwards). Conor Geekie, the next highest ranked CHL forward, has only 23 points in 20 games.

Conor Bedard had 28 points in 15 games last year. He only has 13 points in 17 games this year.

If I'm not mistaken, all of the Flames' CHL prospects except Ciona, Kerins and Beck have lower production than last year. Beck didn't play last year.

I think everyone might have to be extra patient with prospects from the last two years and from this upcoming draft… there were lots of players that missed a huge chunk of extremely important years for developing their game because of leagues shutting down or being cut short due to COVID. I think many players may take longer to develop into NHLers than prospects from previous years. I think Zary could fall in that group but he did look great in AHL last year during his brief stint. Hopefully he finds his game quickly coming off of an unlucky injury at camp.

Wright and Bedard are such highly regarded prospects it’s surprising to see them under-producing relative to top ranked players of the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stemit14 is offline   Reply With Quote