View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 07:20 PM   #141
Flames in 07
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Exactly what Jayswin said. I could understand if Trump had pulled a total 180 or if his campaign hadn't overtly promoted this type of behaviour from voters but it did. These are exactly the types of issues in the types of voters that he went out of his way to rile up into a frenzy so that they would vote for him based on fear and hatred.

Furthermore the idea that my opinion is lazy or that I'm uneducated on the issues is hilarious. Unless you'd like to provide some sort of explanation as to what secret issues only Americans were privy to.
I didn't say uneducated. You did. As a way to make my argument more extreme or less credible. That's disingenuous and gives me little hope you'll be able to just argue your point.

It's lazy because because if you are in Canada you don't see what Americans had to consider and just say half the county loves trump. That's far from the truth, he was popular amoung people who were watching everything get offshored. As Calgary lost jobs people understood that the oil market gives and takes. In parts of the us they believe (rightly) they watched the Ds creative incentive to move business offshore. Millions are scared for their jobs. While that was going on the globe and mail at one point had 6 stories on its main page either about him feeling up girls or slandering Obama uncontrollably. No less than six, I counted one day, and not a single story about anything else related to the election. So it's tough, there's things people hate about him, but for some it's a question of their livelihood. Meanwhile Hillary is illegally deleting all her records, and the coverage of where she accepts her donations was widely reported in the us, but not in Canada. I hate trump, he's a brutal person and a horrific leader, but by being in the us I can see all the issues that made it a tough vote for many Americans. When your news is the globe or CBC, you don't have a chance to understand.

Last edited by Flames in 07; 08-12-2017 at 07:23 PM.
Flames in 07 is offline   Reply With Quote