View Single Post
Old 07-02-2019, 07:29 AM   #126
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-E-B View Post
Die hard Angels fan. Absolutely gutted about Skaggs. He was my favourite pitcher on the team this year. Baseball lost a great player and an even better person today. Literally watched him play two days ago...
I'm a die hard Rangers fan, but never really had any animosity toward the Angels.

Even if I hated them like I hate the Cardinals (sweet baby Moses do I hate the Cardinals) I wouldn't wish that on any player or team. I'd be gutted if I were you too.

Sports is supposed to be an escape, something fun, bring us joy (and heartbreak, can't have the joy without the heartbreak). However, this goes beyond heartbreak.

No, it's not the same as someone we know passing at a young age, but that doesn't mean it isn't sad, nor does it mean it doesn't hurt.

In all honesty, I think they should cancel the whole series (maybe even the next one). Give the players, teammates, friends a chance to grieve.

How many of those players have gone through a loss like this before? It would take more than a day or three to function normally again.

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Maritime Q-Scout For This Useful Post: