View Single Post
Old 06-29-2019, 10:55 PM   #1344
Matty81
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Damn that was a brutal heartbreaking game, tactics were poor, just way too slow to adjust. I agree that Herdman would be fired for that performance in a lot of countries. But for me bottom line is that the two wingbacks were beyond terrible and while RB seemed like there were no better options, LB seems like a screw up by Herdman. Also that Morgan sub about 25 minutes too late... jeez.

I can't imagine what that did to Davies confidence getting played in a position he's awful at, and Godinho doesn't even look like a senior player yet (though Borjan should have came and got that first back pass, weak as it was). Sad state of the national team D when a 21 year old squad player from the Scottish league is first choice.

I know the one kid hasn't committed yet but they need to grab those two WBs who are starting in the Chilean Premier League immediately, one's a RB and one's a LB. Also where the heck was Adekugbe? He's at least a passable LB playing first team football at a good level in europe.

I thought CB was going to be the achilles but Cornelius at least looked OK and Henry was ok for Henry.

Still the whole backline needs a revamp if they're going to make/compete at a World Cup level. And it's a tragedy right now that it is so bad with the level of talent in Midfield, Wing and Forward positions. But somehow feels unexpected that they find ways to lose regardless of the talent as a CMNT fan. What a downer. At least we got to enjoy the Raps.

Last edited by Matty81; 06-30-2019 at 12:46 AM.
Matty81 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matty81 For This Useful Post: