Thread: 2019 Formula 1
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 11:05 AM   #35
FLAMESRULE
First Line Centre

Exp:

@jayswin, what makes you think Stroll is going to take a step forward this year?? I assume its not racing that POS Williams. Just curious what you see in him?? I just dont see anything that makes me think he can take the next step to be competitive in the mid field. And I'm not questioning his talent per se, but relative to other F1/F2/FE drivers hes average at best. I'd be shocked if he outqualifies Perez once this year.

Should've been more clear in my original post...of course its a rich guys sport (more than most), and my dislike of Stroll may be irrational, but I just dont like him. Plus you can't like everyone...lol.

Here are the 2018 salaries (quick google)...https://www.thisisf1.com/2018/01/22/...aid-f1-driver/ The difference between Vettel ($60MM) and Leclerc ($150K) is gigantic. Couple that with a rather distorted legacy payment scheme and F1 may need a real salary cap and more equitable money distribution.

Anyone have thoughts on the new point for fastest lap??

And someone was looking for news/info on racing...I really like the following apps: F1reader / motorsport news digest / motorsport f1 fans. Instagram: hotlapmode / georgio_piola / skysportsf1
FLAMESRULE is offline   Reply With Quote