Thread: e-cigs
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 05:11 PM   #39
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yes pretty pictures from what I'm sure is a completely unbiased source. I particularly like the also found in food part. Tell me do you inhale food? The chiropractor often has neat pictures as well. They also have no science that backs those claims. My spider sense says the marketing is intentionally misleading and that's done for a reason (nefarious or simply no data I don't know).

Nicotine is the addictive component as it is the one that activates the reward part of your brain. Some animal studies suggest acetaldehyde may also be addictive. In the limited work on e-cigs acetaldehyde is present. Along with several other detectable species that are present in cigarette smoke. Now the available data suggests these are present in less concentration. depending on what you read maybe at about 20% of the regular cigarette levels in second hand smoke. But it does NOT necessarily follow that associated risks are brought Down. That is not known. Nor is it known what levels are present in what is actually inhaled (especially given different flavorings, manufacturing, nicotine extraction techniques) or how the different delivery system changes things.

Last edited by ernie; 08-06-2014 at 05:15 PM.
ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ernie For This Useful Post: