View Single Post
Old 04-29-2015, 10:15 PM   #72
Darby
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron von Kriterium View Post
You can get a big bag of Sheep Fescue at Bow Pointe Nursery. I bought some a couple of years ago to see if it would take in my front yard that is dominated by a large spruce tree. No dice. I think the bag of seed was close to $50.00, so not exactly cheap.

About 12 years ago I (pro landscapers, actually) installed pavers in my backyard for the patio. Two years ago, I ripped them up and put concrete in. Our winters are hell on pavers. Some of them sank several inches and I also gave up on the drudgery of picking weeds that would come up through the cracks.
Thanks. I think the fescue will grow in most of my lawn, but there is an area in deep shade where not much will grow. What did you end up planting beneath your spruce?

One of the worries I have with concrete (besides the aesthetic) is that it'll eventually crack, and I've heard the removal of it costs way more than the replacement of pavers. I'm wondering if putting a concrete base down and then the pavers on top would alleviate the settling problem.
Darby is offline   Reply With Quote