View Single Post
Old 04-28-2015, 10:53 AM   #68
Baron von Kriterium
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darby View Post
Hi, my first post here.

I'm looking to fix my front and backyard. These are the things I'm looking for help with:
- moving a small tree out of the garden and into its own area
- building 3 raised garden beds
- stone border for 2 trees
- making stone pathway from front to back of house
- removal of fenceposts (an actual fence was never built, there's a few tall wooden fenceposts though)

Can anyone recommend a good landscaper in Calgary? First-time lawn owner so it's overwhelming me a bit. It's not a big backyard and the front is largely just driveway with a sidepatch of grass and a tree.

I'm a little terrified this is going to cost me a crapton of money, but I'm also not very handy. Any suggestions on simple ways to reduce cost?

I'd like something that looks like this for the pathway, but this looks really expensive.

Also looking to overseed the weed-infested lawn with Sheep's Fescue. Can anyone recommend a place to buy it?
You can get a big bag of Sheep Fescue at Bow Pointe Nursery. I bought some a couple of years ago to see if it would take in my front yard that is dominated by a large spruce tree. No dice. I think the bag of seed was close to $50.00, so not exactly cheap.

About 12 years ago I (pro landscapers, actually) installed pavers in my backyard for the patio. Two years ago, I ripped them up and put concrete in. Our winters are hell on pavers. Some of them sank several inches and I also gave up on the drudgery of picking weeds that would come up through the cracks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Baron von Kriterium For This Useful Post: