View Single Post
Old 10-25-2017, 12:24 PM   #3697
Hot_Flatus
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
Suggesting that everyone chip in a little (very little) is not an unreasonable view, nor does it mean I don't have a grasp on reality.
Sure, but as everyone chips in just a little as you say, reality and basic common sense would then dictate that everyone should share in some degree of the revenue generated instead of sending it all up the ivory tower.

We can all imagine if the roles were reversed, Edwards would be completely unperceptive to a city proposal for CSEC to fund more than half of a new library, fire station or park and would laugh everyone out of the room....unless of course they were able to charge user fees to make a profit. CSEC can buzz off until they're willing to act reasonably and grasp this notion that a partnership should be working both ways. If it means the Flames try to move elsewhere, so be it. Most hockey fans won't have trouble cheering for another team or spending their money on other forms of entertainment, which would likely make Calgary more robust in the long run anyway.

KK talks about leaving a legacy with his train wreck Calgary NEXT proposal - my idea of a legacy is being the city that took a stand against fatcat owners for the greater good of all North American sports.

Last edited by Hot_Flatus; 10-25-2017 at 12:36 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hot_Flatus For This Useful Post: