View Single Post
Old 07-03-2021, 05:19 PM   #660
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Location: https://homestars.com/companies/2808346-keith-my-furnace-guy
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
Is there a way to test your ducts for leaks along the runs? I feel like the air flow from some vents is a lot more than others, and I have checked that they are open. If we ever get a/c put in, I’d like to know that all of the ducting is sound.

Also for the a/c installs does the unit need to be on the same side of the house as the furnace room? We have no room on that side to put an a/c unit and still be able to access the backyard.
We will determine that upon investigation. Everything will obviously need to be up to code for placement of the unit outside.

If the basement is undeveloped and ducts and venting is accessible then 3 things will be needed to start your project.

Screws, heat tape/ foil tape, and brush on duct sealant. Find your airloss and seal that up.

Most airloss will occur on the joint between the furnace and transition plenum attaching the 2 .

Eliminate any ceiling intakes in basement if there are any as they are imbalancing your entire house.

If you want good performance you also need to think about your current furnace as well.

Older furnaces being asked to push air thru a coil will struggle and underperform lime crazy and heighten the risk of freezing coils .

Just something to think about. I personally refuse to install new air conditioning over anything over 5 years old as the furnace just won't cut it long term and anyone installing against this just wants your $$$$ and doesn't care at all about you as a customer.

Make damn sure the vents ducts and furnace get cleaned, inspected and tuned up prior .
EVERLAST is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EVERLAST For This Useful Post: