View Single Post
Old 06-05-2018, 08:33 AM   #9
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flylock shox View Post
These videos also emphasize the degree to which Gaudreau is really the only Flame who actually drives offence. Monahan, Ferland, Tkachuk are all excellent complementary players, but Johnny provides the vast majority of the offensive fuel.

If the Flames could pick up another player capable of actually driving offence on the second line, they would be in much better shape.

Alternatively, if Peters can use the defence more effectively to drive offence, that would go a long way to sorting out the Flames' struggles. If that's not his plan, then they should be looking to trade from the back end to land another skilled forward who can lead his own line.
Backlund has traditionally been the driver of the play into the offensive zone for his line, but lacks the pure skill of a top 6 center. This is where I'm hoping Jankowski takes a step forward this year. The guy has the skill, he just has to learn how to play Backlund's possession game and he'll be a great 2nd line center.

Perhaps Bennett will figure out how to drive offense this year, but I'm not going to hold my breath.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote