View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 11:25 AM   #111
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northendzone View Post
on saturday the family hiked from the continental divide parking lot at lake louise to the tea house. it was crazy busy in lake louise. i was quite proud of my daughter (8) as she did the whole hike without complaining about the distance of the constant incline.

as an aside, when we got to the teahouse, we were rewarded with a front row seat as the air rescue folks had to pluck two silly tourist hikers from the face of the big beehive. most of us watching were o the opinion that they should ahve been left up there and they could face darwin's laws head on.......

i enjoy getting up the the teahouse, but the hike itself it not overly enjoyable as you are not rewarded with many views.

one day though, i'd like to hike to the six glaciers
Six Glaciers is actually the easier of the two hikes. It really is only longer because the trail doesn't really gain elevation until you have walked 2km of flat around the lake. Otherwise its actually slightly less elevation than the tea house.

Another hike of similar difficulty with even better views is Wilcox pass on the ice field parkway just before the icefiled center.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote