Thread: school me in 4k
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2017, 01:22 PM   #50
cupofjoe
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
Funny, the rating I read was 413cd/m2. Regardless, Dolby vision requires 1000cd/m2 fully, so your example isn't great either 😉

Now, the key question is this.... What will be the purpose of the television? Plenty of people just will not buy a blu ray player or blu ray disks. We are in a world of streaming content, and the vast majority of people will watch cable, Netflix and not much else. You start in a thread where someone is asking about 4k, and if there is any advantage to not running though his receiver. So that got explained by myself and a couple others, and forgive me if I'm going to be harsh here, but you sound like a salesman. You insist he would be happier watching television, and occasional blu rays, and streaming television no less by spending thousands more on an "alliance" certified television. Talk about not listening to your clients needs instead of just pushing them to spend more.
I not looking to further escalate this, but I will defend myself.

First

I said "...ifthe primary use is for watching UHD blurays, I would recommend to my clients stretching the budget if possible." The key word is 'if'. If you don't plan to watch UHD blurays don't worry about the certification. Even if a person does, they have to decide if the extra dollars are worth it.

Second

I do a complete need's assessment of my clients and sell to what they need not anything else. Please don't insinuate that I lack integrity, my business is built entirely by referral.

Third

I was not giving specific advice to OP but when HDR came up in the thread, my first post (trying to be general source of information) suggested the Premier Certification for those who are interested. You jump on this as if I am trying to persuade the OP into something else. I am not.

Fourth

"You insist he would be happier watching television, and occasional blu rays, and streaming television no less by spending thousands more on an "alliance" certified television. Talk about not listening to your clients needs instead of just pushing them to spend more." - Really??? Did you read the posts. Look, I am just trying to add my two cents, I have done this for a long time. I have contributed on other threads giving free, professional advice to contribute to the community. I am sorry but your perception on this is off.

I commend you, you have given solid advice to OP, I was not trying to contradict for show, but just trying to add to the facts within the thread.
cupofjoe is offline   Reply With Quote