View Single Post
Old 04-26-2016, 03:34 PM   #21
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
I really enjoyed 16. I'm with you though – I miss GM Connected hard. Apparently only about 1% of people who started GM connected seasons finished them. Sadly I'm guessing that puts it well off their radar, especially with the HUT money machine in full swing.
The problem with that stat about GMC is that the reason it was so poorly subscribed is that it was poorly implemented. "No one used that mode", well, sure, numb nuts, it was broken. A bunch of leagues would suddenly stop working; if you knew there was a significant possibility that you'd put a bunch of time and effort into building a team only to lose it all because EA can't make a functional product, would you bother? Or if you DID that, and then lost it, would you start over from scratch? Probably not. That doesn't even take into account the menu load times and other just basic logistical issues with that mode. The concept was fantastic, the implementation was crap. If they did it right it'd be the best mode in the game.

HUT is obviously just a cynical way to make money, which is why I resent and won't play it. It's pay to win crap. EASHL, I'll do, but it's annoying if you don't have a team to play with because drop in is a waste of time. Goddammit teal! Stop being a prick!
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote