View Single Post
Old 10-11-2019, 01:15 PM   #1460
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
Anyway on a more serious note I believe the best solutions (hopefully businesses and people in Calgary / Alberta can lead the way on this), is to reverse engineer and keep working on breaking CO2 into its base elements which can then be transformed into petroleum products in a carbon neutral cycle. Lots of research I’ve been reading in these areas lately and companies starting to make this stuff a reality.

That’s the key to making this work I believe. Companies like Carbon Engineering or C3 Biotech. Innovation. It’s time for Albertans to stop pissing and moaning about how the world hates oil and gas and Alberta and put on our work boots and become part of the solution. We need massive investment in R&D and I think the Canadian oil patch should lead the way.
Completely agree! Alberta has a lot to work with. They have a ton of engineers and capital they could turn into an innovation mecca. Alberta should be leading the charge in finding better ways to use the hydrocarbon molecule, not just pulling it out of the ground and shipping it to market. Some really great ideas have come out of Alberta recently, so maybe the commitment has begun?
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote