View Single Post
Old 04-26-2016, 11:50 AM   #28
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

On a slightly different note, this self-medicating BS aggravates me to no end. I have a lot of time for honest, decent skepticism of the pharmaceutical industry. A lot of the time the drugs that we told work quite effectively don't work very well at all or they come with a lot of stipulations that users are simply unwilling to abide by. The Accutane/pregnancy imbroglio is one such example.

However, what we have now is infinitely better than all of the essential oils, natural supplements, and pseudo-spiritual crap sold by the tawdry, myriad caravan of peddlers that truly make money off of the ignorance and misery of ordinary people.

I was just diagnosed with a disorder that I have had my entire life, and, until recently, was completely unaware of. It blew me away how many family members came out of the woodwork recommending this or that course of treatment that was downright insane. It blew me away even further how angry they got when I insisted I would be following the standard biomedical course of therapy/treatment.
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to peter12 For This Useful Post: