View Single Post
Old 04-26-2016, 11:18 AM   #5
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Right now, it just feels like I can open a supplements store and start dispensing health advice. On top of that, I can pseudo science the crap out of anything because supplements don't fall under a drug category where they have to be tested and proven to work.

Its the biggest money grab of all time.

You could almost run the store to see how much of a sucker people are.

Oh no Mr Smith, if you drink this extract of Shark Urine it goes a long way to curing your cold.

You're kids got the whooping cough, well what you need see is to give him this extract of gorilla semen three times a day until his cough goes away, no don't you be talking to your doctor about this treatment, its a secret and he works for big Pharma.

I tend to think that these supplements should have to go through the same testing and have the same level of proof as drugs that you find in a pharmacy, and they should have warning labels.

This supplement will improve your urine stream

Warning, this supplement might not improve your urine stream.

I tend to think that there should be a heavy certification program put in place for people that want to market this garbage as well.

Oh and if they're prescribing things to deal with for real actual illnesses, then they should have to issue a script with a signature on it so when it goes haywire or does nothing they can be held responsible.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: