View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 08:25 PM   #16
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
I think this is a little different than the "What ya reading?" thread.

The last few months I've got into listening to audiobooks while I drive or work. I really enjoy the ones that are read by the author or by someone with a bit of flare. A stale narrator is easy to drown out.

Here are a few that I've listened to recently that are great:

Shoe Dog: A Memoir by the Creator of Nike - Written by Phil Knight. Narrated by Norbert Leo Butz. A fun auto-biography on the founder of Nike. Not necessarily a "business book" but interesting for anyone who has a started a business or has an interest in the business of sports and sports apparel.

This I Know: Marketing Lessons from Under the Influence - Written and Narrated by Terry O'Reilly: Terry's podcast on marketing and advertising is fantastic. This is a bit of an extension to it but expends on concepts and stories about advertising and marketing that has gone right and wrong. Focuses mostly on stories from the late 70s to the present.

Lord of the Rings - BBC Radio Play: A bigger production than a normal audiobook. It's a full-on radio play with Ian Holm playing Frodo (he played Bilbo in the LOTR movie). Great voice acting and production values.

Beastie Boys Book - Written by the two remaining members of the group (Michael Diamond, Adam Horovitz). Narrated by them, as well as 30+ celebrities. Open the spoiler to see the list.
Spoiler!
I just wanted to quote this and say that the Beastie Boys Audiobook is a masterpiece! If you’re a fan, you’ll love it. It really just has everything between being hilarious and at the same time the nostalgia and some sadness as well. I’m not finished yet, but it’s just great.

And the funniest part I have hit so far is the “Oral History of Cookie Puss”.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post: