View Single Post
Old 08-29-2018, 10:40 AM   #11
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
...Frankly, if RNH plays as 2C, I'd have him in the high 50s or low 60s without McDavid.
How on earth? Since McDavid was drafted he has pretty much been playing the top-line centre role for the Oilers, with Nugent-Hopkins manning the number two slot. In that time Nugent-Hopkins has produced quite consistently at a 20-goal, 45-point pace, which is actually very close to his overall career average. From where do you see this sudden offensive surge coming for him? What has suddenly now changed this season to see him drive an improvement in his own production to the tune of more than 20%?

Quote:
...If the assumption is that he plays LW for McDavid and then on PP2, I think 62 is probably a touch conservative.
Nugent-Hopkins has never broken the 60-point mark, and the closest he came to doing so was as the Oilers undisputed top-line centre with PP1 time and extremely generous offensive-zone starts. I would say a career best 60-point season from him while being glued to McDavid's hip is about the best that can be expected from him.

Quote:
I'm not "missing the point entirely", I simply disagree with you.
Yes, you in fact are missing it. The point is this:

No. Not even Propaganda Minister Bob Stauffer's exaggerated projections and a butter-soft schedule can save the Oilers.

No one can.

No one.

The point is, Edmonton is no good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project

Last edited by Textcritic; 08-29-2018 at 10:44 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post: