View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 04:50 PM   #20
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango View Post
I simply adore Kristen Wiig. She's a chameleon and although I could do without the Gilly sketches, I really like Penelope. I also think her impression of Kathie Lee Gifford is spot-on.

I make sure to PVR every new episode, but I won't lie, I find myself doing a lot of fast forwarding. The show churned out some great talent and I find that they are missing a step since Maya Rudolf, Tina Fey and Amy Poehler left (IMO).

The Weekend Update is funny sometimes, but Seth is always smiling and it's distracting. Not that I'm complaining...I like seeing his cute face. I like to search YouTube for old Weekend Updates and it's interesting to see how the feature has evolved throughout the years. Norm MacDonald put an interesting spin on things, while Jane Curtin is probably my favorite female anchor to do Weekend Update: "Jane, you sult!"

It's hit and miss these days. I think that has a lot to do with personal tastes. A lot of friends told me they loved Jim Carrey's Black Swan skit, while I hated it. On the other hand, I thought Dana Carvey's recent hosting gig was outstanding, and some friends commented on how weak that episode was.
I don't know, Kristen Wig is talented, but I just feel like she's being crammed down our throats.

And the humor just isn't subtle anymore.

I grew up in the glory years of the shows first lets say 10 years, where you had brilliant skits like the Killer Bee's, the Samuri Short Order Cook, Its a wonderful life alternate ending.

Weekend updates with Dan Akroyd, and Dennis Miller and even Tina Fey were brilliant.

The show has really lost steam, I'd say its as bad or worse then the cast that should have worked but failed with Robert Downey Jr, Anthony Michael Hall etc.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote