View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 06:40 PM   #123
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_only_turek_fan View Post
I am NOT supporting white nationalists so please before anyone goes there just stop.

But just to play Devils advocate, don't these guys have a right to peaceful protest under the first amendment?
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_only_turek_fan View Post
100% agree, however most people seem to have an issue with the political views of the protesters and the protest itself.

And for the record I don't support white nationalists. I am not even white.
I won't accuse you of anything because that's not fair, but your posts definitely raise some alarm bells, if you don't mind addressing?

You say that they have a right to peaceful protest, as a major counterpoint.....to what and who? Of course they have that right and no one is arguing otherwise. Are you frustrated that they're being challenged and condemned? Because no offense but that's kind of the take away I left with from your first post.

The second post kind of keeps pushing. You say "most people seem to have an issue with the political views of the protesters and the protest itself". Okay? They have a right to, and one would hope that in a civil society most people would have a problem with their political views and protest. It should upset people, but no one is saying it shouldn't be allowed to happen.

Again, I know I'm dancing around a bit and I would only caution that when you have "I'm not supporting them, but" twice in two posts and you defend their right to protest when no one was challenging it and then express frustration that people seem to be angry at their political views you're kind of projecting a view of your own.

Last edited by jayswin; 08-12-2017 at 06:56 PM.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post: