View Single Post
Old 02-23-2021, 11:28 AM   #100
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
If life on Mars evolved completely separately from Earth, could it have an entirely different chemical basis (something different than DNA) and therefore could not interact with our biology?
I remember reading that the start of life on earth was a several billion to 1 event.

A random act in a small little warm pond that had the molecules that needed to join together to create the pre-biotic life.

https://researchoutreach.org/article...ed-life-earth/

Because of this, I always have trouble with the life out there argument. While its arrogant to believe that there are not fully developed or evolved complex life forms out there, sometimes if feels like there's an impossibility of it forming from the exact same conditions and err recipes that occurred here.

So my question would be, if there is formed life out there, did it evolve from the same unlikely events that happened on earth, using the same basic chocolate in my peanut butter formula? Or is that event and that recipe completely different?

How many attempts at life on earth occurred before the pre-biotic ooze here kicked things off. Is it possible that we dodged a bullet in a sense that we could have been formed from a combination of different molecules combining together randomly to form a life that was based on something completely different from the DNA soup?

If I had a time machine could I go back those billions of years and ruin the creation of life just by peeing in a pond?

I have an expectation though that Mars because its similar in a lot of ways to earth would have a similar DNA design theory. But what about a planet that didn't have ponds, and life was founded in a methane pocket, or deep underground in a cavern, with the right heat, moisture and base silicons or metals.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote