View Single Post
Old 03-19-2023, 03:35 AM   #176
cannon7
Needs More Cowbell

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
Kaepernick took his cause was a little too far and thru gas on a fire when trumpism was reaching it's height, as a star athlete he could have used his fame and fortune for education rather than pissing off at least half of american but in the end his cause deserves some merit.

Reimer, Provorov and others hiding behind bull religion as their sick way out of bigotry and homophobia is disgusting and stupid. not even close to the same thing and way worse.
But bigotry towards the religious and religiophobia is just fine, I guess.

Quote:
“There’s a bunch of teams starting to wear them and I just came to the conviction through my faith that it went against what I believe the Bible says,” he said. “I don’t want to really go into too much detail about the behind-the-scenes stuff. But it’s something that I tried to do my due diligence and just came to the fact that the best way to stand up for what I believe in was just to not wear the jersey and then to try and make this as loving and least offensive as possible.”

In a statement, Reimer added that he has “no hate in my heart for anyone, and I have always strived to treat everyone that I encounter with respect and kindness.

“In this specific instance, I am choosing not to endorse something that is counter to my personal convictions which are based on the Bible, the highest authority in my life,” he said. “I strongly believe that every person has value and worth, and the LGBTQIA+ community, like all others, should be welcomed in all aspects of the game of hockey.”