View Single Post
Old 03-19-2023, 02:38 AM   #173
cannon7
Needs More Cowbell

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame On View Post
Kaepernick wasn't trying to diminish a group or limit rights, in fact the opposite. He was simply trying to raise awareness.
Reimer's comments throws fuel on the fire of the social battle, and indirectly diminishes a group.
And the religious beliefs around this issue have been proven, time and again to be utter BS with regards to Christendom. It's just selective bigotry hiding behind the cloak of religion.
After the first game he took a knee during the national anthem Kaepernick was quoted as saying, "I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color. To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder." Photos then surfaced of him wearing socks depicting police officers as pigs.

Not sure how that isn't throwing fuel on the fire of a social battle. Kaepernick certainly had a point, but calling police murderers is a tad more incendiary, IMO, than what Reimer said.