Thread: Retirement news
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2021, 01:40 PM   #87
Hanna Sniper
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
Doug I've explained in a very transparent way why the rule has become difficult to apply, and acknowledged we should probably evolve it, and that we've tried to be consistent in how we apply in what has been a fluid situation, particularly this off-season.
You can disagree and I'm open to thoughts from all GMs on how they think we should handle. Perhaps we should vote on that. I'm open to all that. Perhaps we should simply vote on each player when this comes up and let the league Gms collectively decide.

What I don't appreciate is when you suggest that we are selective with application of our rules as that implies that we not being fair in how we manage this league.

If that's not what you are saying then please clarify.
If it is - and that represents how you feel then at some point you should consider leaving the league.

I work VERY hard to be fair and transparent with this league. If you don't think that's the case, then why continue to play a game that you don't believe is being fairly managed.

Again you can clarify what you are saying but when you say will be "interesting to see if the rules are selective" that's what it implies to me. And I take issue with that.
Let's be Fair

how many times in all my years in this league have I implied such a thing.

So what? maybe two times in almost two decades,

Its safe to say that I've been pretty much the league's cornerstone to tow the company line. How many times have I really disagree (disagreeing doesn't make one right or wrong)

Yet I've been threatened to be removed and suggested to step down both times. How open is something when they only times I have ever spoken up and disagreed I've been asked to step down

Its not an attack on you, it really is unfortunate. I wish you could see the other side and see how pro-Grant I've always been