View Single Post
Old 10-17-2022, 10:01 AM   #2453
Torture
Loves Teh Chat!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
How does the sovereignty act help more pipelines get constructed? The current federal government will have the Line 3 expansion and TMX come online. With TMX in particular the current government saved the pipeline after regulatory failures of the previous government. So I guess I don’t understand the basis for the statement quash any and all pipelines. I also don’t see how the sovereignty act would helped Northern Gateway or Keystone get constructed.

As to why the sovereignty act kills investment is it creates an uncertain regulatory regime in the province. How can you invest if it’s uncertain any of the laws and regulations actually apply. Say for instance the sovereignty act is used to try to fight the carbon tax. Would a company invest using economics based on not having to pay carbon taxes on emmissions? Or would they have to wait until the resultant court cases over the constitutionality of the act are settled.

Any good business would wait or not account for it in economics or seek guarantees from the province that they would not be liable for any violation of federal regulations. In any case uncertainty is going to harm business investment

Can you explain an instance of being “stomped by Ottawa” that you believe the sovereignty act will help?
And if we can bring in a "Sovereignty Act" and ignore Federal jurisdiction, what's stopping BC or QC from doing the same and killing any future pipelines?
Nevermind the fact that it's not even legal, it's just so ####ing stupid if you think about it for even a second.
Torture is offline   Reply With Quote