View Single Post
Old 10-17-2022, 09:52 AM   #2451
gasman
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Roman14 View Post
While far out of the reach of the ability of the Alberta government, there is still a mandate saying healthy individuals cannot enter the US. While minimal, there are still policies in place pertaining to COVID , and if the NDP been in would likely still be more in place yet.

I personally don’t see it as a divide, but a pledge to do better if/when a similar situation arises in the future.

I do believe the sovereignty act has potential to be very good for Albertans and protect us if being stomped on by Ottawa. It doesn’t have to be used all the time but can be enacted in a time of Albertans feel like their best interests aren’t being taken seriously or to our full potential. Why would investment run from a province who has the ability to have more control over prosperity and the prosperity of those who invest in our province.

How did allowing Ottawa to squash any and all pipelines help with investment? Why not try and take back some ability to control our destiny over bad policy for our area?

Are there any mandates in Canada preventing "healthy" people from traveling to the USA. The only vaccination requirements I am aware of would be from American Authorities, as Canada has no requirements at this time.

as of October 1, 2022 travelers entering Canada:

Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is not required
COVID-19 pre-entry and arrival tests are not required
Quarantine after you enter Canada is not required
Using ArriveCAN is not required
If you’re flying into Toronto Pearson, Vancouver, or Montréal-Trudeau international airports, you can still use ArriveCAN to complete your Advance CBSA Declaration to save time upon arrival
Pre-boarding tests for cruise passengers are not required
As always, travel documents are required
Health checks to board planes and trains are not required
Wearing masks on planes and trains is not required

source https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid
gasman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gasman For This Useful Post: