View Single Post
Old 10-17-2022, 09:44 AM   #2446
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://www.bugeyedandshameless.com/...=twitter&sd=pf

A bit of an aggregation of some of the bat#### crazy things she's said, but there are a few that I had not yet read:

Quote:
Could we create a border crossing of our own at Coutts [AB] or some other border crossing? And have a special category for Albertans who are coming into Alberta and have pledged that they will not leave our province for 14 days — then we can say: ‘We've made our own judgment, and our own decisions about our own level of risk, and don't you worry, these folks aren't going to get on the plane and go to B.C., or Saskatchewan or out East. So, sorry, federal government, you've got no jurisdiction.’ Or could we charter our own aircraft and say: ‘In chartering our own aircraft, we assert provincial autonomy, and we determine what our level of risk is,’ and then you do rapid testing. I don't know like, it seems to me, we've got to do something other than just sitting back and saying we're going to wait for Ottawa to make these decisions.

Maybe we get a cross border agreement with Ron DeSantis. Maybe he has a little zone in Florida that we would be able to fly direct to. Maybe we can develop bilateral agreements with other free states. So red state jurisdictions in the US, or even internationally, that would allow for us to have a little more autonomy.
powderjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to powderjunkie For This Useful Post: