View Single Post
Old 02-07-2022, 12:34 PM   #148
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Sutton View Post
Curling Canada should be criticized, but really any team we sent could've met the same fate as Homan/ Morris. The thing is though we have some very dedicated mixed doubles teams in this country who were brushed aside because curling Canada could not find a way to put the tournament together. I do not have a problem with not being able to compete in both mixed and 4 person, as preparation and dedication are different for each event (Rachels' sweeping). Morris and Homan are only there because they didn't qualify in the 4 person events. Curling Canada needs to move the qualifying up and determine the our reps much sooner. This would allow proper prep time for both mixed doubles and 4 person teams.
Yeah I am OK with criticizing the process. No Homan/Morris didn't get destroyed but a 5-4 record is not great in this sport for Canada. Had they not gotten very lucky against the Czechs, they'd have a losing record.

Those two gave it everything they had so I'm not criticizing their effort or prep. But as i said in previous posts, a clearer game plan and approach might have helped. Canada sent the two best shotmakers it could come up with, both of whom are alphas and it didn't work.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Strange Brew For This Useful Post: