View Single Post
Old 02-07-2022, 10:32 AM   #145
Derek Sutton
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobasew19 View Post
I don't think we should be monday morning quarterbacking the team selection. Homan and Morris should have made the playoffs for sure but who's to say the other mix doubles teams would have done any better?

It's not like Homan/Morris got destroyed. They were in it till the very end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
Not criticizing the curlers, just discussing the process. Obviously a tournament is the best way to determine a representative. But when that tournament was cancelled, I think they could have made an exception in exceptional circumstances.
Curling Canada should be criticized, but really any team we sent could've met the same fate as Homan/ Morris. The thing is though we have some very dedicated mixed doubles teams in this country who were brushed aside because curling Canada could not find a way to put the tournament together. I do not have a problem with not being able to compete in both mixed and 4 person, as preparation and dedication are different for each event (Rachels' sweeping). Morris and Homan are only there because they didn't qualify in the 4 person events. Curling Canada needs to move the qualifying up and determine the our reps much sooner. This would allow proper prep time for both mixed doubles and 4 person teams.