View Single Post
Old 07-29-2021, 11:14 PM   #2033
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaErtz View Post
Hard to see Canada losing by less than two goals tonight. I don't see much reason to be hopeful, Mexico are a far better team. I'll be cheering Canada on and hoping we can keep the scoreline respectable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaErtz View Post
Not a good sign for Canada heading into World Cup qualifying in the fall. They just can't compete against teams like Mexico. The only question now is how many goals Mexico will score in the second half as Canada are forced to commit players forward in attack to chase the game.

I think this was totally the wrong approach. Canada aren't good enough to take a team like Mexico on like this. Yeah, it is good to watch, but they should be playing ten men behind the ball at all times so that fast break goals just aren't allowed to develop.
You must be new to the team.

This was a hell of a performance, and surely marks a huge step forward for this team.

The likes of El Salvador, Honduras and Jamaica, which used to look like uphill battles, should now look like expected results.

Now don't pull a Canada in the Ocho and find a way to soil the sheets and crush our souls. Again.
Bill Bumface is offline   Reply With Quote