View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 08:58 AM   #299
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
Well, that's incorrect. They were armed. He just didn't know it.

Which sort of lends credence to his story, all he had to do was wait for the cops to get their and say that they had a loaded gun, which they did, and feared for his life and they may not even press charges.

The "I accidentally shot him" defense was obviously going to lead to charges, and probably had a much higher rate of incarceration.
Go back and read the testimony

They tried to back the car into him. They then ran their car at his son. They then rammed another vehicle, and Stanley was convinced that his wife had been hit.

If we want to go to state of mind, he stated that he wanted the vehicle off, not because of some kind of citizen arrest, but he thought his wife was under the car. That's the transcript of the record.

And frankly lets not try to soften it up that these people were like the dukes of hazzard out driving the back roads while a little drunk having some harmless fun.

He went to get his gun because he felt threatened, and maybe justifiable so. He also thought his wife had been hit.

At the same time, the trial wasn't about his state of mind, or a self defense defense. It was about the technical aspect of the gun firing.

Did he intentionally shoot Boushie?
Did the gun unexpectedly go off?

Was there intent?

Right now who knows, the only guy who really does is Stanley, but there wasn't enough put in front of the jury to convict.

And right now, the simplest thing for the government to try to do is a cosmetic fix to the courts, "We need more natives in the jury".

I still contend that if there was reasonable doubt it shouldn't matter if there ware whites, chinese, or natives on the jury. Can you render a fair verdict given the facts presented in the case? Do you understand what things like reasonable doubt are?

What we're hearing basically is that the jury is being painted as racists. I'm guessing in the court of public opinion, no matter what the evidence no matter how bad the witnesses were or that the RCMP couldn't provide compelling proof that Stanley should have been convicted of something, because now the justice system has to be about more then justice, it has to be a tool for public sentiment.

We can talk about why there weren't natives on the jury when you have a pool of 750 and each side has 12 strikes. Is there a transcript or record of the jury selection and why people were struck from the jury pool. Did someone stack it so the first 100 people in the jury list were all whites?

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote