View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 08:19 AM   #293
speede5
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'm not trying to paint these kids as valedictorians. I'm just having a hard time with the villanizing, and I'm seeing a lot that is just vile (not here). It's frustrating cause it's not all fair. A young man lost his life in a f'd up situation, and I get that it wasn't the farmer who started it.

There is a growing movement to arms in rural areas, I see posts all the time from freinds who want texas style laws, concealed carry etc. People want to shoot people over property and they are doing what they can to paint this group as a roving band of criminals which justified killing one. It's not right.

There were options for Stanley, he and his son left the conflict and returned to it. He saw his wife was not under the SUV before the shot, they could have retreated to their home, armed and waited it out. It could have turned out different.

I've thought it through many times, I live alone on a farm at least 20 minutes from police assistance. I don't have a gun and I wouldn't use one to try and scare people off. I just don't want to take the chance of killing someone. Call me naive.

People are mad about theft and want to take out that anger and I know lots of people who think this was actually a good thing. I can accept that people don't think Stanley should have gone to jail but to celebrate a young mans death make's me sick.
speede5 is offline   Reply With Quote