View Single Post
Old 09-17-2020, 01:53 PM   #39
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacopuck View Post
There are some easy hacks on this. The steering column just needs to feel slight torque every 1 minute to ensure drivers hands are on the wheel. Some people (not me) have put coats or other clothes / weights on the wheel which satisfies the slight torque on the column required.

As for the people asking about the 140, you can set the autopilot to drive +/- relative to the speed limit, although my experience it has never let me do it more than 10+ the speed limit for auto pilot. It lets it go more than 10+ for cruise control however.
Perhaps Tesla should also be checking the seat angle, and disabling it when it reclines past a certain point. Don't lots of cars also have eye monitoring to make sure the driver is alert?

Regulatory agencies are getting left in the dust here, they need to tackle these issues so there are clear rules of what can and can't be automated under what circumstances. And it's not like these are new this year, they've had several years(decade?) to see this coming. Total failure on their part.

Last edited by Fuzz; 09-17-2020 at 01:58 PM.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote