View Single Post
Old 10-19-2020, 09:03 AM   #576
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

One of my best friends ran in an elections. I helped canvass for him.

If a house had a sign "No Solicitation" or anything close to that effect, I'd skip the house. Any reasonable person should. If the sign said something like "we change money etc then I'd laugh, and move on.

If you are going to put up a sign, I have one small ask... put it next to your doorbell (or at the end of your driveway).

The one house I canvassed that had a no solicitation sign had it on the opposite side of the door to the doorbell. We didn't see it until after we rang the bell.

It read "No solicitation of any kind, religious or otherwise"

Once my colleague pointed it out to me I thought "oh f*** this is gonna be fun!"

As the owner approached the door (it was a screen door, so we could see each other) I spoke first as he approached and said: "I just want to apologize, we didn't see your sign until after we rang the bell. Again, sorry, we'll leave you alone but I didn't want to ring the bell and run. We were just stopping by to canvass on behalf of (candidate's name) again sorry have a great rest of your day." Thankfully he responded "(Candidate's name)? I saw him on the news, I love him and everything he stands for. I want you to put the biggest sign you have at the end of my driveway..." and then he proceeded to tell us why we should vote for our candidate. It was a nice bullet dodge.

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maritime Q-Scout For This Useful Post: