View Single Post
Old 10-19-2020, 03:44 AM   #573
doozwimp
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I get where you're coming from. I've been a cold caller a handful of times in my life. I worked for college pro briefly going door to door asking by any chance they felt like getting their house painted as a young adult with no money and no prospects and occasionally felt too awkward to say no to a charity organizer. I can tell you it's a stressful position to be in. Most people doing it have been put upon by someone else or it's genuine community outreach. Bosses are above it and so get the peons to do it. In the case of charity or community you sort of have to do it or nothing gets done. As such i sympathize with the plight of those tasked with it. Of course i tried to be polite and terse and respected and feared any notices by the home owner forbidding solicitation so it does get you down when someone goes out of their way to be nasty. The #$$# travels downstream as they say. President yells at vice president, vice president yells at senior executive, senior executive yells at junior executive, yells at secretary etc... As a cold caller you're at the bottom of that hierarchy typically. I know there are probably exceptions of people who get off ringing doorbells safe in the knowledge they'll irritate someone else but i don't think its the norm.

Edit: in the example illustrated by the video it was just some tottering old woman who i can easily imagine was there for a good hearted reason. If it was a bible thumping mormon i'm sure i would be more amused by it.

Oh and something funny; what I hope we will be saying after the election:

Last edited by doozwimp; 10-19-2020 at 04:20 AM.
doozwimp is offline   Reply With Quote