View Single Post
Old 10-16-2020, 09:51 PM   #146
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I learned that the extreme side effects of medication are real and can happen to anyone. After decades of just glazing over briefly over side effects of prescribed medication, never being worried I got stung last night. I got a prescription of levofloxacin and took my first pill before bed. I woke up at 1 am with tingling and sharp pains all up and down my arms right to my fingers. Persisted all night and even right now my fingers don't feel right. Never, ever felt anything like it before as it felt like my entire arms were asleep, arthritis, and lighting pulses of pain. I checked the side effects and peripheral neuropathy is exactly what happened. Needless to say I won't take another one of these pills as the damage can be permanent.
I took levofloxacin for pneumonia and it screwed up my knees really badly. I could barely walk down stairs for a few months. I know it's on us as patients to be aware of side effects but doctors really need to let people know how serious they can be with that one.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote