View Single Post
Old 10-16-2020, 09:20 PM   #2206
RichieRich
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northendzone View Post
^ i have considered that; however, my issue would then be getting a winter commuting bike and i doubt the wife would be keen on me getting a 4th bike.
guess i'd rather leave my winter biking to the fat bike and keep it fun.
Maybe i will change my mind when my office downtown reopens - assuming i continue to have a job by then - and just ride the fatbike and deal with the mess in my vehicle. Of course i will have to see what the bike and shower facilities are like in our new office tower as my fatbike is expensive enough that it would be painful to replace if it was tolen. not to mention the continued bike shortage
Are you able to repurpose or modify one of your bikes to be good for winter biking? Or you just use an existing one and just know you'll be replacing the drivetrain in the spring (plus a major overhaul)... I used to do that on my old Santa Cruz full-suspension for a few seasons.
For my drive-n-ride-n-ride-n-drive suggestion, yes the inside of the vehicle can get a little messy however that's easily managed with a throwdown length of rubber-backed carpet inside.
I never trust so-called secure-parking downtown anymore. Had a bike stolen that way. Now ALWAYS lock it up, even inside secure parking areas.
Lastly... if there's a will there's a way. Just gotta work out the details.
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote