Thread: [PGT] Avs 6 Flames 2
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2019, 12:05 AM   #270
soulchoice
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I respect your posts, but I don't know if I agree with the whole not built for playoffs thing. I believe we've hit a buzz saw of a team with an amazing speed set. I don't think dressing a set of tough guys that can't keep up is the answer at all.

I've said it before. I believe that the problem is coming down to two things. Leadership and Experience.

I think that this team is pretty young and their playoff inexperience is catching up and causing them to panic when things aren't going their way.

I believe that the leaders have to do a stronger job of stepping up.

I felt that the team played ok in game one. They lost confidence in game two, and that confidence dropped through the floor tonight.

You have to be confident to drive an offensive play, we saw Johnny guessing a lot tonight, and that's unusual, we have a blue line that's backing off and that's confidence.

About the only guy that I saw confidence from besides Smith is Bennett, and Smith might be shattered after tonight.

The Flames have a big hill to climb. Sometimes in the playoffs simple is the best way and the Avs are playing that simple game very well. The Flames are trying to do too much and frankly being too cute.

I like the idea of finding a way to insert some speed into the lineup

I hate Brodie's game right now, like really hate it, and have hated it for a while.
Majority of this may be true, however the Avs are not more experienced than the Flames when it comes to the post season.

I certainly hope and want the flames to step up and find their game. But it’s been lacking since the all star game, which was always my concern. As well, the skeptic in me just doesn’t see Johnny and Monny as playoff warriors, the intensity and defensive acumen/two way play just isn’t there on any consistent basis at all. At times non existent. Combine that with lack of confidence as you stated and it’s a recipe for disaster.

Agreed on the pretty plays. Start making the simple plays, drive the offensive pressure and make things happen. If a turnover does occur, skate like a madman, focus on the puck carrier who you lost it to or cover the open man. I saw both guys(Gaudreau and Monahan) make lackadaisical efforts on all of this.
soulchoice is offline   Reply With Quote