View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 10:33 AM   #110
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickMcGeough View Post
What straight download service are you talking about?

The difference is with streaming, you sit down, pick a movie, and watch (be it on AppleTV or your PS3 or your iPad or whatever). To download a movie in HD usually takes hours before you can watch.
Zip.ca, iTunes etc.

I didn't realize the download time was really that long. I know I can torrent a show in less than an hour when my PVR flubs up recording it so I assumed it would be at least that good.

To anyone who has the service, how long does it take to buffer enough to start to watch? A few minutes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
The integration with all your devices it nice. I can start a movie on my PS3, stop it and open my iPad and start watching where I left off. Stop that and continue it on my iPhone.

It really is nice to be able to start a movie or TV show to see if you like it and not have to download it all only to be disappointed.
Ok, I am sold.

It drives me crazy that I can watch a show on my iPod, then watch a couple on my TV through my O!Play and need to hunt for the same episode, or same spot in the show the next day when I am on the bus.

That alone would be worth the subscription price and the Apple TV.

Edit: It apparently works with my Wii as well! Anything else notable it works with other than the consoles and the Apple devices? WD HD TV? O!Play?

Last edited by Rathji; 09-23-2010 at 10:38 AM.
Rathji is offline   Reply With Quote