View Single Post
Old 10-17-2019, 07:41 AM   #81
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yen Man View Post
Is the question "what game do you think is perfect" pretty much asking what your all time favourite games are? I'd argue they're one and the same.
No, they're not. This is a continuation of a thread about perfect movies. There are movies where there's just nothing obvious that you could do to make them any better. Meanwhile, you can love a movie more than all others despite its imperfections - it can be your favourite movie even if it has obvious flaws. That's the difference.

As I said before I'm really not sure that there has been a game without some area for obvious improvement. Even The Last of Us, which as I said is probably as close as anyone has gotten to perfect, has some clunkiness with the combat, and it kind of breaks the immersion when you're stealthing around and Ellie is just wandering into enemies' line of sight and she's apparently invisible to them.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote