View Single Post
Old 02-23-2020, 07:05 AM   #1471
icecube
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

I watched Parasite last weekend. Loved it, but I wonder if I will love it as much upon repeat viewings. The first half might be a bit repetitive after knowing the plans the family have up their sleeve. I can’t say whether or not that will be the case but the thought did enter my mind. Either way, I do want to watch it again and I think the Best Picture Oscar was well deserved. I laughed a lot and it was so refreshingly original of a film that it would be hard not to enjoy it. I can’t wait for Bong Joon- Ho’s next film.

This weekend I watched 1917. I am so sick and tired of war films but I knew I had to see this one because of Sam Mendes and Roger Deakins. The oscars they picked up were well deserved. The scene when the plane is crashing made my jaw drop. The town set on fire is one of the most beautiful and frightening shots I’ve seen in a movie. If hell existed I’d imagine it would look a lot like that. I was so immersed in the journey right off the bat. It was a remarkable achievement and I’m so glad I saw it on the big screen

If you haven’t seen either of these, hurry up and make sure you see them in the theatre.
icecube is offline   Reply With Quote