View Single Post
Old 09-18-2021, 02:03 PM   #543
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Stamps are so thin on talent they can’t afford to cut a guy like Rose. I just can’t get over the lack of talent and depth. I never thought I would see the day Huff would put together an expansion quality roster like this.
Meh. Given the lack of workouts and tryouts that scouts can attend in the past 18 months (and some scouts couldn't travel) a lot of the avenues that Huff found those depth players in the US and Canada, that process just wasn't available.

With the fairly high turnover season to season anyways, then add on players that did play in the league and on the team before shutdown, missed an entire season and then have fallen off or didn't stay sharp (including BLM) or in shape this season, and they are where they are.

All teams have this issue, so it's not Huff specifc, but what he and his scouts did better then any team the last years in finding talent was wiped out by the restrictions and limitations brought on by the pandemic.

And if BLM was even 90% of the QB he was pre pandemic, this team is 3-4 or better.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote